Friday, May 30, 2008

2nd annual Gridley Family Bike Race

I've mapped the route and plan on doing this in 21 minutes (20 mph average)



I did the 7 mile race in 19:53 with an average of 21.1 mph. Dad ran over some glass only about a mile into the race and was walking home with his bike when I was near the finish line. I passed Eric about 200 yards into it and Mom and Cathi (who had a 200 yard head start) about 300 yards into it. I went about at about 90%

Next year I'm sure the competition will be a little more intense. Eric bought some new pedals and some shoes which he will be well used to by the next race. I suggested to Dad that we do three races per year. Next one should be 14 miles and then a 50 mile challenge (Ride from Dad's house up to Syracuse over to Antelope Island and back to my house. Then I could drive everyone back to Salt Lake with their bikes. That would be fun!

No comments: