Monday, November 20, 2006

Two workouts today

With this week being Thanksgiving, I figured I really should push it the first part of the week as I won't be lifting Thursday - Sunday. So at lunch I did the following:

Deadlifts: 8 x 235, 6 x 265, 4 x 285, 2 x 305, 1 x 325 (New raw PR)
Cable Good Mornings: 4 x 8 x stack (@ 200 + @15 pounds of chains)
Seated Close Grip Cable Pulls: 4 x 8 x stack (@ 200 + @15 pounds of chains)
SLDL: 4 x 8 x 235
100 crunches (Slow and deliberate)

I almost gave up after the first set of SLDL. The second set and fourth set were great. Third one I had to regrip after the sixth rep. I did the SLDLs with a double overhand grip as well as the Deadlifts, until I got to 305, then switched to alternating grip.

Tough workout. Hoping each week I can increase 10 pounds on the deadlifts. Anxious to get a new PR on the deadlift. The 360 PR I currently have is with wrist wraps and knee wraps. I'm not going to use those again, just a belt and chalk. Hoping to beat the 360 PR at the virtual meet without wraps.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Gords! Catching up again on your blog and was happy to see that we share the same deadlift goal for the virtual meet. That said, I am really looking forward to seeing that smoking bench of yours. My training partner and I just began our meet preparations and are including a pause with a count of two after the bar has completely stopped; that's really kicking our proverbials hard. Anyway, keep working, see you at the meet! :-) May you shatter all your PRs and then some.