Thursday, November 30, 2006

New PR on Raw Deadlift

The last couple days I had a muscle in my neck that was really troubling me. I took yesterday off so I could rest it completely. Its totally fine now and no hint of problems anymore thank goodness.

Today I was way past due in doing some Deadlift work.

Deadlifts: 8 x 245, 6 x 275, 4 x 295, 2 x 315, 2 x 335
SLDL: 4 x 8 x 245
100 crunches slow and steady

New raw 1 rep PR for deadlifts and I did two! Should set me up nicely for doing a 1 rep next week of 345. I did one and paused at the top for about 5 seconds and on the way down figured I could go back up so I went for it, and made it up fairly easy as well. Very happy with that! The only problem is that I take so much rest between sets that I don't get to do as much lifting as I would like. Its nice to have weights in the basement at work, but 1 hour just isn't as much time as I'd like. Wish I could take 2 hours.

From now on I won't be doing SLDL on the same day as deadlifts. I'll seperate them by a few days in the week. I can't expect to have much stamina for SLDL when I max on the Deadlifts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Gords! With a double in there, I bet you are pretty sure that you'll be able to set a new 1RM very soon.