Monday, October 24, 2005

365 Pound Bench Press - New PR

October 24, 2005 - Chest

Today I didn't really plan on doing a max. I put on the bench shirt planning to do a normal workout, but as I kept putting on more weight I figured, what the heck! Then I continued with a little more to call it a chest workout. Here's what I did:

10x225

2 x 275

1 x 315

1 x 340

At this point I figured I better get a spotter, so I called Brendon and Christian and neither were at their desk, so I caught TJ on the way up to find Brendon. He mentioned a while ago that he used to lift so I figured he could give me a spot. I then put up the max:

1 x 365

It went up without much struggle at all. Actually about 10 minutes afterwards I was kicking myself for not at least attempting 375. I'll save that for the end of November (and if that goes easy I'll go for 385).

I finished up the workout with:

5 x 10 x 245 flat bench

3 x 40 incline dumbell flys

I'm very excited about this new PR and am eager for the next attempt in four weeks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not bad...shouldn't you be up to 400 by now, after all considering your workout record...

Anonymous said...

So, does this mean you could bench press me and Dad at one time?

Anonymous said...

Actually Cara, my goal is to be up to four plates on each side (405) by March, 2006. Taking this in addition to my aerobic activity with Cathi, if I hit my weight goal of 200 I will officially be benching twice my weight which is pretty good. The weight loss goal is probably too optimistic. I haven't been that low since 1995. We'll see.