Thursday, May 20, 2010

Detour

About a half mile into my ride to work I realized I didn't have my helmet on so I turned around and went back to get it. So that added an extra mile to my ride. Then when I got to the I-15 overpass on 2200 North and Warm Springs Road, they had the road closed down for an hour so they could get a massive bridge beam put up, so I went back to Redwood Road and went down to 200 North trail to get around. That added another 1.5 miles to my ride.

Stats: 33.2 miles
Time: 1:42
Average Speed: 19.5 mph

Had a pretty good tail wind the first half of the ride and then a slight headwind. I went without a shirt from Layton to Farmington because the sun was out and I need to really start getting a tan built up for the July 3rd swim. But once I got to Farmington it was cloudy, and the rays weren't coming so I put my jersey back on. I don't like going without a shirt cause I'm sure people are thinking that I'm thinking I'm bad, but I'm not. I'm actually quite pudgy and doughy, especially above the waist. Definitely not something the ladies enjoy I'm sure. Hoping that there is plenty of sun on the way home this evening.

No comments: