Monday, May 31, 2010

2010 Memorial Day Striders half marathon results

Cathi 1:47, I got 1:52:25, and Jacob got 2:02:11 (1st place 11 and under and only person 11 and under to try it).

I didn't half any issues with blisters busting open like last year. I watched my time every mile and was able to hole 8:15 mile pace the first three miles and then got slower by 5 seconds per mile until I got to 8:40 which was my worst and then I picked it back up a bit. I was able to pick up the pace the last mile. I was over 6 minutes slower than last year, but that's not a real surprise as I'm not nearly as practiced in running as last year. But I'm not terribly sore or have any open blisters which is good. I have the Boise 70.3 in two weeks.

Although I'm stiff in my calves and quads, I'm going on a half century ride out to Garr ranch and back so that should be tough. Especially those hills. I should really be hobbling tomorrow. But that'll be good cause I'll swim for a couple days and give the legs a break.

Felt good about today's results. Jacob beat his time from last year by over 15 minutes, and Cathi by about 5 minutes. So I'm the slacker this year who is getting older and fatter. Oh well, at least I'm out there.

No comments: