Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Birthday Bike ride

For my birthday this morning it was overcast with a slight wind, but nothing major. Was able to draft off a guy for about a half mile, but he was just a tad too slow, so I passed him.

Distance: 30.6 miles
Time: 1:34
Avg Speed: 19.5 mph

Not that great, but not terrible.

-----------------------------------------
The ride home I left at 3:15pm had a good tailwind until I got to Bountiful and then it turned completely around and gave me an even stronger headwind. So it cancelled out the effect from the first half.

When I got home I immediately went to the park with the family and we had a picnic followed by a little wiffle ball game. It was fun until Cathi was helping Oliver bat when Jacob pitched it to him she smacked it hard and it hit him in the cheek. He was crying pretty hard and stormed off to the car. The fun was pretty much over at that point. So we went back home.

Went out in front of the house at 7pm as planned to meet with Bremer, Yeates, Frew, Felter, Allred, and Snow. NONE OF THEM SHOWED UP!!! What's up with that!? So I went on a ride anyway. I cut it short thought because I felt guilty as Cathi wanted to go on a little date and I turned her down for the ride. I was pretty mad at those slacker neighbors. But then I thought. "Gord - you already got in over 70 miles today. Isn't that good enough? Don't be selfish, go be with your wife!". So I got home and got cleaned up and we watched the recorded BL finally again.

No comments: