Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Taking it easy

I heard that I need to really rest up before the meet and I have been doing that except for today I did just a few sets:

Speed bench: 3 x 275, 3 x 275, 3 x 225

I experimented with finding my ideal grip on the bench. I believe it is with pinkys just inside the ring rather than middle finger on the ring.

It's been painful to stay completely out of the gym. In fact, I'm getting a one hour massage tonight, thanks to my in-laws for the Fathers Day gift!

I compiled a little list of things that I must not forget to pack for the trip:

Leather Belt
Wrist straps
Bench Shirts
Chalk
NB Shoes
Camera
MP3 Player

I am getting really excited. I ordered #9 How Not To Bomb Out of a Meet DVD last week. I hope it gets here soon and that it contains something I can use for this Saturday.

I've remained on my decision to do 385/395/405. I'm doing the bench only. I really want that 405 bad!!! I've done 385/395 in the gym, so I'm hoping that the extra enthusiasm in the competition gives me that extra push to get the new PR. After this weekend I'm going to start working the legs real hard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Gords. Looking forward to the results!

Anonymous said...

Good luck mate.