Monday, June 12, 2006

Lifting Chest in Brandon Mattson's basement

Yesterday evening Cathi suggested we go see Mattson's new terrier puppy. Cathi told me a couple weeks ago that Brandon lifts every morning with a friend of his. I called him last week about lifting with him but he had to go on a business trip. Well yesterday evening he showed me his gym and offered to let me work in with him and his partner, Wayne.

I got to bed late (11:30pm) and got up at 5:45 to go lift. Here is what I did:

Flat Bench: 15 x 225, 6 x 6 x 275
Incline Smith Press: 4 x 8 x 185
Military Smith Press: 12 x 115, 2 x 8 x 125, 5 x 145
DB Flys: 4 x 40
supersetted with
Tricep Cable Extensions: 10 x 65, 3 x 8 x 75

There was basically no rest between sets with the three of us constantly moving in/out and changing weights around. I was sweating like a pig, and I was completely fatigued by the time it was over. Next time I will definitely need to contain my enthusiasm and keep the weight much lower so I don't overexert myself as the meet gets closer. Excellent workout! I'll call him tonight to see if he still wants me to come on MWF or T and TH to avoid it getting too crouded.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

6x6 with 275 is a solid workout! I should have read the rest of your blog but when is your meet and what fed??

Anonymous said...

It isn't sanction by any fed. It's the Utah Summer Games (http://www.utahsummergames.org/). I'm only doing bench though.