Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Thicker than expected frosting

Sometime when I feel great after a workout, I'll top it off with "frosting". Today's frosting was much better than expected. Considering that my abs were considerably sore from yesterday's workout, I decided against doing legs today as I could sense that Abs are kind of important in doing squats. So I opted for Chest today (and it was my week for using the Titan Fury shirt which I use every fouth chest workouts).

Flat Bench (Focus on completely STOPPING at the bottom - NO BOUNCING ALLOWED WHATSOEVER!):

8 x 245
8 x 255
6 x 275
5 x 295
4 x 315
2 x 325
1 x 335

I noticed that my feet and legs are NOT used at all. On the 325 set I tried putting my feet further back forcing me to use my legs a little, but I ended up moving them back into a neutral position on the way down as my thigh was starting to cramp up.

After these sets I did 2 more sets of just 135 focusing on keeping my heel and toe forced into the floor and almost push my body up the bench. My butt stayed flat on the bench and I'm not sure if that is right or not. I almost need a face to face session with a professional. I've read about the positioning, but it is difficult for me to figure out how to do it.

At this point I almost used up my entire hour, but I wanted to top off the workout with something great. So I figured I would do as many push ups as I could without pausing at all. I could slow down a tad, but as soon as I locked out my elbows and paused for even a fraction of a second, game over. My goal was to do 50, but I ended up pushing out 65 of them and probably did it in about 50 seconds.

I was pleased with today's workout and noticed that the bruising from the shirt is not happening any more. I think my triceps are getting used to the tight fit. I'm going to wash the shirt and hope that it shrinks (Its a size 54 with my actual chest size being 50). If it doesn't fit tighter after that, I'm going to try selling it on Ebay.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leg drive is huge it adds alot to your bench for sure. Keep working on it and I'm sure you'll reap the rewards.
Are all the sets in the shirt? If so that shirt is WAY too loose because you shouldn't be close to touching 245, hell you shouldn't be able to touch much less than 300.
As for the 54 fury and the 50" chest, that is exactly me. My first shirt was a 54 which I might ahve gotten about 30lbs out of. Washing doesn't really shrink them at all, at least it didn't for me however I didn't use a dryer which might but I'd be worried about the poly becoming brittle.
I went with a size 50 fury and probably get 80lbs out of it. However if you are thinking of getting a new shirt wait a little longer as titan will have a new line of shirts coming out pretty soon.

Anonymous said...

Yes they were all in the shirt (except for the last two with 135). Yes I feel that the shirt is too big as I can get it on very easily by myself. I'm going to sell it on ebay and go for a tighter one.