Monday, November 28, 2005

Working out in Office attire sucks - Chest Day

Surprisingly, my legs weren't sore at all over the long weekend. I also weighed in today and to my astonishment only gained one pound (236) so that's good. I took my lifting clothes home to wash and forgot to bring them in so I worked out today in two blocks to avoid getting too sweaty.

I got some feedback from Stinn on my bench, so today I tried a couple of his suggestions. I usually put my pinky on the inside of the ring, today my index finger was on it. I also positioned my feet much wider than I normally do. The weight seemed much heavier because I wasn't used to the wider grip and my chest/tricep ratio was less work on triceps and more on chest. I sure was shaking like a leaf, but the weight wasn't too much. Balancing the weight took more effort than normal. I'll stick with this grip from now on. Plus it felt weird to have my feet so far out, but it was probably right on. In a few weeks I'll take another video clip once I feel comfortable with these changes so I can get more technique tips to work on.

Flat Bench: 4 sets of 8 x 225, 6 x 255, 4 x 275, 8 x 225
Incline Dumbell Presses: 4 x 8 x 65 (the heaviest dumbells we have)

Break for an hour

Decline Dumbell Flys: 4 x 8 x 55
Weighted Dips: 4 x 8 x (235 + 35 lb dumbell)

Considering I hate lifting in office attire, it was a fairly good workout.

No comments: