Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Bestrafe Mich

Man was I depressed the last night due to yesterday's quality of 1 rep max. With this week being Thanksgiving, I won't be able to lift Thursday through Sunday so I figured I would really punish my chest for the cheating I did yesterday. So this is today's workout which was done partially during my lunch hour and the rest at the bubble.

Today's focus is on sticking everything, going slow and making deliberate movements. Less on reps, more on weight:

Incline Dumbell Press - 3 sets of 8 x 45, 2 x 4 x 65
Floor Presses - 3 sets of 8 x 135, 4 x 225, 4 275
Floor Dumbell Flys - 8 x 45, 2 x 4 x 55
Flat Bench - 8 x 225, 4 x 315, 3 x 315
Decline Press - 8 x 225, 4 x 315, 4 x 335
Incline Press - 8 x 135, 4 x 185, 4 x 205
Fly Machine - 8 x 160, 2 x 8 x 200
Lower Half Bench Press - 8 x 225, 4 x 315, 4 x 335
Cable Flys - 8 x 80, 4 x 100, 4 x 80

Its a good thing the cable flys were last because on the last set I tried another 4 x 100 but couldn't get the weight in, so I lowered to 80. Afterwards the struggle with the 100 made me realize I may have pushed it too far as I felt shoulder pain a little so I'm glad that was my last set. Tomorrow I'm doing legs and resting until Monday (except for cardio work in the evenings with Cathi).

I met a guy at the Bubble named Mike who works there in the weight room. He offered a spot when I needed it and place to put my keys and wallet so I wouldn't have to worry about thieves. He was very complimentary (which I don't take too well) and talkative. I'll definitely take him up on the spot in the future I'm sure.

Today I bought the Hypnotize album by System of a Down. From what I've heard so far, it is very good. I like how they end on a newer version of Soldier Side which is what they started on in Mesmorize. I got the clean version this time though, cause I have a difficult time keeping my mouth clean when I'm frustrated and don't need to hear somebody else cuss just for artistic reasons. Awesome musical talent in this album though.

I weighed in this morning and came up at 235 which was a shock since I haven't been doing too good on my diet. My goal for Thanksgiving weekend is to watch my portions and if I do feel like having seconds, keeping it to half a plate instead of two full plates of food. Then only 2 pieces of pie. I guess I'm dreaming if I'm thinking I'm not going to gain weight. If I also do 1 hour of cardio in the evenings, I'm hoping that Monday morning I won't weigh more than 240. Its really hard to say no on Thanksgiving, so I'll have to control my portions to compensate.

No comments: