Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 - Back

Close Grip Cable Rows (All arms)- 5 sets of 10 x 170, 8 x 180, 3 x 8 x 200
Wide Grip Cable Back Bends - 5 sets of 10 x 170, 8 x 180, 3 x 8 x 200
Wide Grip Cable Pulldowns - 5 sets of 10 x 140, 8 x 150, 3 x 8 x 160
Deadlifts - 4 sets of 8 x 225, 6 x 245, 4 x 275, 2 x 295
Incline Dumbell Rows - 5 sets of 3 x 8 x 40, 6 x 45, 8 x 45

In between each exercise I did 25 crunches. I also didn't plan on doing the deadlifts, but planed on doing bent over barbell rows, but figured I probably wouldn't hit my back again this week and really wanted to do deadlifts this week. I did the deadlifts without wrist straps, since I recently learned that they are not allowed in competition. I need to go pick up some chalk since I almost dropped the 295 on my last rep.

I'm also quite sore from yesterday's chest workout. Much more than the chest workout I did last week which was supposed to be a Chest Marathon. Yesterday I did the chest workout totally raw so I think that made the difference.

Excellent workout today and yesterday! I'm very pleased.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gords, are you using a mixed grip or something else on the deadlifts? If you pulled the 295 with a conventional grip, as I presume you would have with straps, you should have a lot of air left if you switch to a mixed grip.

BTW, I really like the personal touch you put into your blog. It's great to get to know a bit about the person behind the bar!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kris, This week I have abandoned using straps from here on out. I didn't know they weren't legal at meets, so I've gone to using chalk. I'm not exactly sure which grip is best for me, I've tried one hand over and one hand under as well as bwo hand over. I simply have wimpy legs and need to spend more time on them. I also could use a session with someone more experienced to get some tips on how to improve my DL and Squats.