Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Shoulders and Tris fashioned after Stump's last blog

I've been following another Utahn lately: Steve Fredine (Stump)

Today's workout was fashioned after his latest Shoulders/Tricep workout

Standing Military Press:
1 x 5 x 135
1 x 5 x 145
1 x 5 x 155
1 x 5 x 165
1 x 10 x 135

Cheat Lateral Raises:
2 x 5 x 45
2 x 5 x 50

Dips: 5 x 12 x bw (235)

JM Presses:
1 x 10 x bar
1 x 5 x 95
1 x 5 x 100
1 x 5 x 105
1 x 5 x 110

Overhead High Pulley Rope Extensions:
2 x 5 x 8 plates

Overhead High Pulley Short Bar Tricep Extensions:
2 x 5 x 8 plates

The JM Presses were the first time for me. I tried to do them with a high level of control and strict movement. Felt good. The toughest was the 165 on military press. I ended up cheating on the last rep by dipping my knees to get a little momentum. The Rope Pulls were hard too, but the moving to the tricep bar made it much easier. Good workout today. Had it scheduled down to the very minute and kept within schedule. Workout done in 55 minutes.
Thanks Stump!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time Gords! I find that the angle change from the rope to the bar on extensions makes a big difference. But it also tells me where a weakness is so I need to go back and work that angle more. Crap... lol. Not sure the cheating on the military is a bad thing. After all, we use leg drive benching.

We should be benching heavy this Sat at Gold's on Redwood and 7800 if you can swing down.

Take care