Monday, July 10, 2006

Helping Eric Move

Today I was planning on legs. I loaded up 185 and did 5 squats and it didn't feel great. I did 50 crunches and then did 8 reps of SLDL at 185 and they felt OK, but the motivation just wasn't there today. I remembered that I had to help Eric move today, so I figured it would be dumb to get all sore from lifting before doing something that would probably be just as good (especially all those little stabilizer muscles that I never use even when lifting).

So I bagged it after those two sets and played ping pong (which isn' a strain on anything) for the rest of my lunch break. Ping pong by the way on Friday at the WFTTC was awesome. I was 2 and 1. Not my best performance at the club, (3 and 0 is my best) but not too shabby either. I finally learned the name of the guy with one of the best forehands at the club. Besi usually comes with Tim and his son Jason. Besi has an awesome forehand shot, and I got a couple games on him, but he came through with the 4 games to win.

Today's lunch matches I played Bala and Gyan 3 times each. Beat Gyan 3 times, but Bala only once. Bala is a little more cautious in his shots than he used to, more chop than I remember.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Moving house is a great workout. Like you say, it seems to hit all of the stabiliser muscles that often get overlooked.