Monday, July 24, 2006

Heavy Triceps

CGBP: 3 x 5 x 225 (8" between hands)
Dips: 2 x 5 x (bw (240) + 45, 5 x bw + 55, 4 x bw + 90)
JM Presses: 5 x 95, 2 x 5 x 115
DB Tate Press: 5 x 45, 5 x 40, 5 x 45
Rope Pulldowns: 5 x 7 plates, 5 x 8 plates, 5 x 9 plates
Triangle Pushups: 15 high, 15 normal, 15 low
Crunches: 3 x 50

On the CGBP I felt some slight shoulder pain on the first set (should have warmed up with something), but each set progressively got better with less strain on my joints.

On the Dips I was psyched that I could do two x 45's 4 times. I was hoping to do it once, but stopped at 4. Next time I'm going for 3 plates for a one rep max.

Today was the first time I have ever done Tate Presses. The first time I was nervous with 45 since I wasn't sure I could handle it and didn't want to squish my face in. The form wasn't that great and it was difficult to keep my elbows flared out, so I went down to 40's and then the form was strict. After that I went back up to 45 as I felt more confident with the form and the weight and did just fine.


Triangle Pushups are just where you bring your hands closer together and form a triangle with your thumb and index fingers of each hand. I then placed the triangle at neck height for high, chest range for mid, and then stomach for low range. This works the triceps in different areas.

I was very pleased with today's workout. I felt strong and exceeded the plan.

No comments: