Monday, August 31, 2009

Life must go on

Since doing the Bear Lake Classic Olympic Triathlon two days ago, my quads are sore a 7 out of 10. Today is my only day this week where I could possibly ride to work (given that I need to start to taper Thursday for the Pocatello Half Marathon this Saturday). When I woke up I was even more sore than yesterday, but was determined to go with my plan of riding to work today. Plus riding the bike will probably do my soreness some good since the soreness is due to running at the tri, and not the biking.

No wind this morning and the sun didn't pop over the mountains until 7:45 am. Temperature is a little cooler in the morning. I was slightly chilled the first minute. But didn't take long to warm up.

Distance: 30.6 miles
Time: 1:29
Average Speed: 20.63 mph

Good ride considering the soreness.
----------------------------------------------
The ride home included a small headwind breeze, enough to be annoying.
Distance: 30.6 miles
Time: 1:31
Average Speed: 20.1 mph

No comments: