Saturday, August 08, 2009

First ride in a month

The last time I rode my bike was at the Echo Triathlon. It's been swimming and running ever since. This morning I got up at 5:30am to go swim at Layton. I got halfway there when I remembered that they don't open until 8:00 am on Saturdays. That's retarded!

So I turned around and went back home. I then left at 7:45 to go there and was hoping that they would have some of the good TYR goggles in stock at the desk since Cathi had my swimming gear in her car and spent the night with Lucy at Grandmas. But my luck for the day would continue and they were out of stock. So I went back home and started getting ready to go pick up Austin at Scout Camp. The plan the evolved to go out to Garr Ranch in the late afternoon.

So I left at 4:00pm and it was partly cloudy with a slight breeze from the west. Held a pretty good pace, in fact this is a new record for going out to Garr Ranch (along with the extra visitors center loop to get the full 50) and back.

Distance: 50.0 miles
Time: 2:29
Average Speed: 20.1 mph
Max Speed: 41.1 mph

Very good ride considering the extended break. I better pick it up. I have the Bear Lake Tri in two weeks and the ride from Pocatello in 7 weeks.

No comments: