Monday, June 14, 2010

Shoulders and abs

I'm so pleased with the level of soreness I'm experiencing right now. I'm only at about a 7 on the scale and I've had several 8 and 9's in my life.

So today I hit the gym in the basement at Tomax. Here's what I did:

Standing DB Lateral Raises: 3 x 12 @ 20 pounds (that's light, but like I said, my entire body is sore still including my upper body)

Barbell Shrugs: 3 x 12 @ 135

with 50 reps of bent knee crunches between sets.

Then followed by:

3 x 12 captain chairs
3 x 12 machine overhead presses @ 50 pounds

also supersetted with 50 bent knee crunches.

Good workout. Not tough at all, but got the muscles to remember what its like to have a little weight to work with rather than propelling just me someplace.


I'm going to include weight training into my swimming routine 3 times a week like this. Especially shoulders, lats, chest and abs.

No comments: