Friday, June 18, 2010

Biked in to work

I was supposed to be driving down to Cedar City for Austin at the Summer Games, but since he is still learning to not procrastinate and to listen to his parents, we aren't going. So instead of taking the day off work for no reason, I biked in to work. According to bodybugg, I burn about 800 calories riding in to work, which seems about right.

Today's ride was nice. No wind and sunny.
Distance: 30.9 miles
Time: 1:37
Average Speed: 19.4 mph

The last 5 miles killed me. I was at a 20.0 mph average, but the rough roads really make a difference. When I'm on smooth pavement it sure is nice. That rough hard gravel crap sure is annoying. It's probably easier to maintain and lay down, but it is a step backwards in road technology in my opinion. Nobody wants to walk or ride on that stuff.

No comments: