Tuesday, July 22, 2008

First ride since I tuned the derailer

I tuned the derailer yesterday evening and thought I messed it up pretty bad, but after a bit of tweaking the screws I got it so that it will shift on me when appropriate. I didn't have any "slips" like I did last time I road so I'm happy.

This morning I swam 3200 yards and then road in to work. Had a pretty good headwind for most of the ride in.

I plan on riding home late this evening just before the sun goes down. Riding home is longer since I ride from Layton Surf N Swim in the morning and then ride home in the evening. It's 5 miles longer going home. Here's the stats, and also the plan for tonight, which I will update with actual stats once I get back to the computer tomorrow:

To SLC: 25.2 miles, 1:28 Elapsed, 17.1 mph avg
To Syracuse: 30.6 miles, 1:41 Elapsed, 18.2 mph avg

The ride home felt fast. The slowest point is going up the frontage road in NSL where the construction trucks are, and then going up the bike trail in NSL leading up to Hwy 89. Other than that, worked hard in high gears.

No comments: