Saturday, July 05, 2008

70 Mile Ride from Cabin to Home

I planned on riding home from the cabin so I woke this morning and ate some breakfast and left at 6:30 or so. The first 9 miles down the canyon was fun and easy. I rode down through Logan easily and made it several miles South of Logan on Highway 89. I started up the hill at around mile 20 and it was a slow incline up. I climbed over 1000 ft, but once I got to the top the ride down was awesome! I maxed out east of Mantua going 47.9 mph.


I turned on the old road taking me past Maddox in Perry and headed south from there. Stopped for a bathroom break in Slaterville and further on my GPS complained of running out of batteries so I stopped again for replacements. At this point it was about 10:30 and it was starting to get hot. The rest of the trip was fairly flat, but it was getting tiring as the heat was getting intense. I went through 4 x 16 oz gaterades and about 20 oz of water.

When I got home I washed my bike down real good and waited for Cathi to bring the kids from the cabin in the van. This was a great ride and only about a mile of road where the shoulder was less than desirable.

No comments: