Monday, July 12, 2010

Lots of calories to burn

After last week's scout camp which included lots of good camp food, as well as Friday evening's visit to Golden Corral with the Lows, I had a ton of calories to burn with not so much workouts last week, so today's ride was pretty quick considering I had a little headwind to deal with from 500 S in Bountiful all the way in to Salt Lake.

Distance: 31.6 miles
Time: 1:34
Average Speed: 20.04 mph

Anything above 20 is great for coming/going to work because there is usually some wind to deal with.
------------------------------------
The ride home took the exact same amount of time. I really pushed it the last 2 miles down Gentile and as I turned off Bluff to go up 1000 W. My quads started to cramp up. I've NEVER had that happen before. So I pushed it a little. Need to spend more time on the bike if I expect to do the Pocatello to Syracuse ride this year.

Total miles for the day: 63.2
Time: 3:08
Average Speed: 20.04 mph

No comments: