Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Fitness Test

My work introduced a wellness program last month and I finally got a chance to take the fitness test which involved four exercises:

Pushups: 75 in one minute - Excellent
Crunches: 67 in one minute - Excellent
Three minute Step Test: 79 (my heart rate for one minute after doing three minutes of steps at 96bpm) - Excellent
One mile walk: 13:30 (Good - barely)

The whole family did this test. It was hilarious to watch Oliver try to do crunches and pushups. And the kids all loved doing the step test. They got out stools and did the test several times.

Then we walked over to the school to do the 1 mile walk test. There were some teenage girls doing soccer practice and I'm sure Cathi and I looked like a nice middle aged couple walking there fast. "Look at the older fat people trying to exercise, hee hee!" I wasn't about to speed walk and look even more doofus like.

No comments: