Saturday, May 16, 2009

2009 Ogden Marathon

This morning Cathi got up real early to go catch the bus for the Ogden Marathon. I got up at 5:30 and started my walk from the finish line at 6:30 am. I got to Pineview dam (mile 18.5) at 9:00. I was expecting Cathi around 9:45. But she was there at 9:30! She was at a faster than normal pace.

We started the downhill portion of the marathon. Cathi was not having fun. The last couple marathons she felt energized the whole time, but on this one she was whining. She stopped to walk a few times between miles 20 and 26, but not for very long. I was trying to get her to keep running, but she wasn't going to put up with my orders. She still got a very good time. Had she kept running she probably would have got a Boston Qualifying time, but who knows. She got a time of 3:51:38. Here are the timing results.

I was sore from yesterday's fast 5K, and from walking uphill for 6 miles, but was able to stay ahead of Cathi and keep her going. This was not her favorite Marathon this time cause she was just so beat and tired. Next race.... Syracuse Half Marathon. This time we get to run together!

No comments: