Friday, August 03, 2007

Man have I turned into a marshmallow!

Yesterday I went into the weight room with Tim and did a few exercises:

Alternating DB Curls: 15 x 35, 12 x 35, 2 x 8 x 35
Straight Bar Curls: 3 x 6 x 95
Dips: 3 x 6 x bw

That's all I did, not cause I thought I would be sore, but cause it was boring! I forgotten how it is to be in a gym. Tim did his own exercises, and I did mine. Wasn't much interaction. I was hoping for a collaboration, but he rushed through his exercises (He did one arm DB Tricep Rows). I didn't have fun, it was hot (the table tennis guys moved the fan in their room), and wasn't what I envisioned, so I don't think I'll continue.

Table Tennis is so much more fun than lifting! However today my arms are completely sore! I can't even straighten my arms. I wouldn't have thought in a million years that that amount of work, and amount of weight would have caused me this much grief. I guess taking this much time off has really turned me into a marshmallow!

If I'm going to get back into it, I'm going to have rely on my own motivation rather than try to leech off somebody else's who doesn't really understand the point of group lifting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean,some days in the gym are the last place you want to be. Life is short and we need to make the most out every second. Hate to see you go. I have enjoyed your blog.

Anonymous said...

I'm not out of the ring yet. Just flat on my back and trying to get up.