Thursday, July 12, 2007

My quest to 200

For the past 10 years I have loomed around 240 pounds. Well the time has come to lower that to 220. Then once that milestone has been reached, go for 200. So in order for this to happen I have resolved to do the following:


  1. No more Mountain Dew (or any soda for that matter)

  2. Eat breakfast, medium lunch, light dinner (no eating after dinner)

  3. No deserts

  4. More fruit

  5. Drink lots of water

  6. Bike with Cathi in the evenings (5 days a week)

  7. Play more intense table tennis

  8. I will add more techniques to this list as time goes on


I'm hoping that I can be down to 220 by September, and then 200 by Christmas. I'll update how things go.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very worthwhile enterprise! I pulled down from 233 to 213 for the first virtual meet and have managed to keep it down. The weights are again climbing and being a bit leaner is very rewarding (especially the lack of midsection protrusion). Key for me is to severely limit carbs after about 6pm except when needed for training. Adding a pound of vegetables a day also works wonders, but I have been slacking in that arena. Am looking to drop down to around 200 myself, might yank that off before the first post-baby meet...

Speaking of Mountain Dew, have you considered dropping all sugar from your diet?

Anyway, good luck Gords!!

Anonymous said...

No sugar! That would be very extreme for me. Not to say that it wouldn't work. Just don't know how committed I am to try that step.

I've been biking in the evening for about 6-8 miles and that has been good, but haven't been very committed lately to the goals set forth on the diet.

Anonymous said...

Gord; I wish you all the best. It sounds as though you have a solid plan and that will get you that much closer. Eating breakfast is the most important meal so I am glad to see you have added that in there. Do you drink diet pop? If you switch to diet you can keep the Dew.

Something that I do to keep calories down is use fat free products when I have the choice. I love ice cream and I can have a bowl of fat free at 200 calories as compared to the rich and creamy that would be close to 1000 calories.

Well best of luck, I am sure you will reach your goal early.

Anonymous said...

You may consider eating more vegetables instead of fruit. Fruit is full of sugar, if you are looking for the vitamins go veggies.