Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Drained

Man today's energy level was about 25% of normal and my ride was sure slower than normal. Probably doesn't help that I only got 6 hours of sleep last night. Stayed up a little to watch Letterman and didn't turn off the TV till 11. Got up at 5:40 am and got ready. My legs just didn't have the drive they normally do. I didn't get depressed over it cause I realize I need to better fuel my body as well as allow for more time to recover.

Distance: 30.6 miles
Time: 1:42
Average Speed: a pathetic 18.2 mph
--------------------------------------------

The ride home was completely different. I loaded up on stuff from Vosen's and got some good carbs loaded. Had a very delicious peach nectar on ice that was fantastic. I'm going to have to remember that next week when I taper for Echo. Here's the ride home stats:

Distance: 30.6 miles
Time: 1:29
Average Speed: 20.6 mph

1 comment:

fitness strength training said...

I can so relate! I went to bed late because I was really into a book I was reading (what a dorky thing to admit) and then woke up at 4:45 every morning for workouts. My eyes are killing me, i have no energy and I have been on edge and moody all week. Never getting just 5 hrs sleep again!