Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Getting used to the Tracstand

I've now ridden on the trac stand three times now. 55 minutes the last two times. The DVD's I have are tough. The last one I did is the Hardcore 100 by Troy Jacobson. Man that is a brutal one. I don't like how he says I have to do the whole thing or not at all. I'm sorry, I just don't have 5 1/2 hours to workout. So something is better than nothing man!

I'll tell you I really need to get a computer that gives me cadence cause I don't think I'm going anywhere near fast enough to be on course with the athletes in that video. There is one girl in the DVD that looks very uncomfortable knowing that she didn't wear an appropriate top. It's funny cause she looks at the camera after she sees herself in the video while it's being recorded and she looks very uncomfortable giving everyone a show. Troy should have sent her home to get a neck high jersey.

Anyhow the year isn't ending anywhere like I wanted, but now it gives me an opportunity to work hard like I did at the beginning of last year. Plus it isn't like I gained everything back, I can get back down in about three weeks if I stick with my goals of:

  1. Swimming four times a week
  2. Biking four times a week
  3. No more sweets


I have a party tonight and this will be the real test of #3. Plus I need to bike when I get home. Lately it's been really hard for me to get up before 7 am. I used to get up at 5 all the time. What is up with my body needing more sleep lately!?

No comments: