Friday, December 26, 2008

First Day with the TracStand

For Christmas I bought myself a TracStand for riding my bike in the winter. I got it when I bought my bike, but it's been in storage all this time so that I could have a significant present for Christmas. Well yesterday I went on a ride with it.

I went for 48 minutes. I rode along with Coach Troy out at Lake Placid. Only thing is I don't have a computer to tell my cadence. I used a GPS all this year for movement stats and ignored cadence. Now I can't do that on my stand. I get no data whatsoever. So I'm going to have to get something to tell me my cadence (and might as well get speed as well since that would work too on the tracstand).

I probably went around 15 miles or so and had a pretty good pace going. When I get a computer I'll have better stats. My back tire was wearing out. There is some burned rubber all over the metal disk in the back where it rubs. Maybe I have it on too tight?

No comments: