Wednesday, June 08, 2011

I have forgotten

How good it feels after a really good sweat!  This afternoon I watched this interview on KSL Sportsbeat where Rulon Gardner walked off the show:

Video Courtesy of KSL.com


He said his problem came after the Olympics where he was successful and figured he'd take a week off to let his body heal.  That week turned to a month, and then into years.  Ouch!  I don't have a problem taking a week off, but that's it!  So that inspired me to get my running shoes on and head downstairs.

I did:
1 mile run/walk.  I noticed that when I got to the point where I was considering giving up, that my heart rate was at or above 145.  Then I'd slow down to 3.0 mph and walk and monitor my HR.  When I felt way comfortable and felt like starting to get back to running was when it dropped down to 120.  So my comfortable aerobic HR I figure is about 130-135.  It really doesn't take long for my HR to drop or rise from 120-145 at all.  So if I can find a pace that allows me to maintain that 130-135 HR range, that would be ideal.  Either that, or increase my HR comfort zone.  I did the mile in 11 minutes.

Then I did 15 minutes of elliptical.  That felt good and I really got up a good sweat.  I was maintaining a 130spm pace with my tunes.  Then I did:

2 sets of:
Set the stack at around 110 pounds
12 bench press reps
12 close grip pull downs
12 seated cable rows

About 35 minutes of good work.  Felt great, lots of sweat and I feel like a million bucks.  Even though this is probably one of the wimpiest workouts I've done in a long time!  Consistency is the key now.  Stay with it!

No comments: