Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Chest - first half of today's lift

Flat Bench with 2 boards: 12 x 225, 6 x 3 x 315, 3 x 335
Incline Bench: 8 x 215, 2 x 6 x 225, 5 x 235
DB Flys with DB Press: 2 x 10 x 40

Brandon's shoulder was really hurting so we quit there. We must have transitioned slow because it was already an hour into it and had two more sets of Flys and pushups to do. I'm going to lift at lunch today to compensate and to work the chest even more than a normal day. Happy with the 315's. I've never done a workout higher than 300 for the entire flat bench session (except warm up) before, so I was happy there.

Concentrating on the squeezed shoulders, elbows in, big breath, feet pushed into the mat all at the same time was difficult. I guess I'm a simpleton, but there were a few sets there were at least two of the reps were with all of the above techniques used at the same time. Still need to focus and keep all of those things in mind through the entire set.

No comments: