Monday, March 19, 2007

Shoulders

Today I had good motivation so I had a good workout:

Lateral Raises: 8 x 40, 6 x 45, 4 x 50, 4 x 55, 2 x 60
Crunches: 10 x 25
Overhead Presses: 4 x 8 x 135
Upright Rows: 10 x 95, 8 x 115, 8 x 125, 6 x 135
Pull Ups: 2 x 3 x bw
Stretching: 2 minutes
Jason Paris' Overhead One-arm Press: 2 x 8 x 45

The Overhead Presses (not the correct name) are done by alternating between in front and behind the neck for each repetition and you lift up enough to clear the head. I saw these on Kris' Behind the Bar blog (which is down now). I was researching what the proper name of that exercise is when I found this interesting article. No wonder I had that shoulder injury a long time ago when I was doing bench press. I should have read this article a while ago! He makes several good points about how to aboid injuries by doing these exercises right!

I was relieved to see the correct description of Lateral Raises. When I do them in the mirror, I'm afraid I'm not doing them right when I bend my elbows, but that appears to be the correct way. I must admit though that I did too much weight today as I cheated quite a bit and used momentum on a few sets.

Today was a great workout considering the lack of motivation and strength lately. Goal is to do Deads/Back on Wednesday.

No comments: