Thursday, April 17, 2008

Score!

Today I went early to the Bountiful Rec Center and played Racquetball with Dan, Dave and Shawn. Shawn mentioned last time we played that he would be getting a new racket and that he would give me the one he got from Blair. I played a little with it last time. It is fast! So he gave it to me this time. It is so cool.

I played Dave and was up 8 to 2, but for some reason played like crap and he came back and won. Then I got kicked around by Shawn. He's gotten so much better. His backhand is so low and his "pinch" shot is a killer. He's noticeably stepped up his game.

Then I played Dan. He beat me one and then I won the next game. During our play I was ahead of him and didn't look back to see he was right next to me and he hit me with his racket right in the back of the head a little on the right side. It immediately went numb and I was surprised how much it didn't hurt considering the amount of force that went into it. I have a decent welt on the back of my neck. I wish I could have seen it from a different perspective to see how much swing went into it, cause I think the swing might have only been about about Dan's 50%. 100% probably would have knocked me out. It really was my fault for not being more aware of my surroundings and giving him more room. I'm glad I didn't turn around and get it in the teeth.

After we played I went down and swam for a bit.

At lunchtime today I played table tennis with Gyan. He won several games so he did good. My entire body is sore from all the exercise this week. Will skip swimming tonight so I can recover enough to be fairly energetic at this Saturday's Utah Open Tournament.

In the evening I took Jacob hiking up to "the rock" which is about 1.75 miles up from the mouth of City Creek Canyon. We ran down which was easy since it was downhill, but still considered jogging. Didn't swim tonight cause my body is feeling real achy and I have a tournament on Saturday and don't want to be hobbling like an old man.

No comments: