Friday, June 02, 2006

Biceps with Brendon

Today I convinced Brendon to join me. He choose Arms so we did:

Preacher Curls: 3 x 10 x 95
Tricep Cable Pulldowns: 12 x 80, 2 x 6 x 100
Alternating DB Curls: 3 x 8 x 40
Close Grip BenchPress: 12 x 185, 2 x 6 x 225

I didn't want to hit anything too much today as I'm going to the Table Tennis Club tonight. I got enough Birthday money to get a new Mark V GPS paddle which I hit with after this workout against the robot, and boy did it hit differently. It gives a much more hollow sound versus my old Mark V Paddle, but it is much faster and "crisper" than the old paddle. I'm excited about hitting there tonight.

Earlier in the day I read a post from "ironjohn" regarding how I should best be preparing for the June 24th meet. I'll go for one more big lift next week (385,395,405) and then go with sets of 3 at 335 for the next two weeks.

No comments: