Friday, January 13, 2006

Squats and 2 hours of ping pong

Today I did squats since my hamstrings were 90% recovered from Monday's SLDL, however I wasn't about to kill myself since I was planning on a fairly long time with Table Tennis later today and didn't want my legs or lower back to be terribly stiff, so here is what I did:

Squats: 4 sets of 12 x 135, 10 x 155, 8 x 185, 8 x 185

I did these slow, all the way down, and intentional without any real "bursting" from the bottom, just a steady slow push up. I don't know if that is good technique or not, but it sure felt good to be deliberate in my attempts instead of just doing it without thinking about it, or really feeling it for that matter.

Then later today I played Table Tennis for probably two hours with Bala. Now most people think of table tennis as a friendly little game that doesn't cause sweating, but the way I play, it is intense. My legs are bent, there is quick movements and it does cause me to sweat. Now it isn't like pulling a sled or swimming laps, but its better than sitting on my fat butt writing code, then just going home.

No comments: